Springtime fun :)

One year ago today I started this blogging adventure.  I am so so happy to have found this outlet to share with and learn from such talented inspiring teachers. It has been such a wild and blessed ride :)

It has been great to be back with my kiddos after spring break but boy and I pooped! I always forget how tired I am coming back after a break. It's not helping that my body doesn't like sleep this week :/
The kids have been loving our unit on plants. Their new favorite song is "Flower, Stem, Leaves and Roots" (to the tune of Head Shoulders Knees and Toes).  Tomorrow we are going to eat different parts of plants. (thanks Pinterest)  We are also going to plant lima beans and marigold seeds (this is the first time I will actually be GROWING flowers with the kids...wish me luck. Keeping plants alive Gardening has never been my strong suit.

I have been TERRIBLE at taking pictures this week. We have been using Caitlin Clabby's fantastic plant unit. This thing is packed. Check it out in her store here. Here are a few things we are going to be working on tomorrow and next week.

A few weeks ago we used Kim Adsit's unit on the presidents and made some ADORABLE flap books.


I decided to adapt the idea and make a sunflower book. We have been talking all week about how BIG sunflowers can get but I think this will really help them get it. Each flap has an unscrambled sentence about part of the life cycle with a picture inside.









You can grab the sentences and pictures here

I got the inspiration for this one from one of my teammates. She did the same thing with scrambled sight words in flower pots. I decided to make it a math activity with our teen numbers. After coloring the sample and putting it all together I came to a few realizations. I'm going to copy the leaves onto green paper, and we are not coloring the roots :) Also, I might just do 11-15 or 16-20. Either way I think it turned out really cute! Grab this activity here. 

Thanks to Ashley Hughes, and KPM Doodles for the cute spring graphics!

Don't forget to check out some of my resources for spring in my store :)




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your freebies! We do the "Flower, Stem, Leaves and Roots" song, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing - I especially love the sunflower flip book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful ideas and also the freebies!!! Is the sunflower pattern and directions in one of your packets that you sell on TPT? It's alway easier to follow directions for me!!!!
    Thanks,
    Maryann
    brennemm@carlisleschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited I found your blog and your items at Teachers pay teachers.
    Thanks for all your work and for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete