Almost Thursday already??

Boy this week really is flying by! I was out at an inservice all day about the Common Core State Standards. My head is about ready to explode but I have to say I really like where they are going. Nothing's perfect of course, but I'm kind of excited to dive into these standards next year.

We are LOVING our unit on bugs right now. The kids are having so much fun learning about all the different kinds of insects and making comparisons between them. Our caterpillars and ladybug larva arrived on Tuesday. I had never seen ladybug larva before...I had to look on the package to figure out what I was holding in my hands ha!

On top of all our insect excitement the kids are literally counting the days until our farm field trip next week. I just posted a literacy mini unit in my TPT store



Click here to find it.


AND to celebrate making it to 10 followers (I'm all about celebrating the small stuff) I'm posting a farm freebie (I did this earlier in the week but my post mysteriously disappeared - which is fine in the end because the freebie I posted in that post had a mistake...oops)

I have been making these morning work sheets for a few weeks now and I love them! I can hit all kinds of different skills that I want my kids to practice and they really don't take much time at all. I usually copy them back to back with a math on one side and literacy on the other. This set is farm themed...all ready for next week :)

Farm Morning Work

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I totally agree that this week has flown by. We just got back from spring break and this week went by so quickly...hooray! Cute blog with some fun ideas. Glad I found you...I'm your newest follower.
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for your comment on my blog about reading about playdoh! I am your newest follower! What a cute blog. I saw your post above and I have a farm themed freebie for a Common Core math activity on my blog if you'd like to come back over and grab it.
    Good luck with your blog, it really has a nice design!
    Sea Bears Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm featuring this post on Bagels and Blogs today!

    Donna Boucher
    Math Coach’s Corner
    Math Coach’s Corner on FB

    ReplyDelete